Last Wednesday we got a message from the nanny saying that her daughter was sick and she wouldn't be able to watch the boys. Patrick spent Thursday with his mom, and I ended up taking off Thursday and staying home with Chase. I felt bad about missing work, but how could I not be thrilled to get to spend the day with Chase! We had a great day, we went and got his haircut again, just a little trim on the sides, and got the mullet part of the back faded up a little. He looks so handsome.
Friday I was home with both boys, which was fun. Patrick showed me how to walk like a monkey, and I showed him how to walk like a crab. If I stand Chase up (with help) and let him jump, Patrick jumps in front of him and Chase laughs and laughs! Chase loves his big brother so much. We went to the part to attend a little ceremony for my oncologist (the doctor who took care of me when I had cancer as a child), who is retiring this year. Grandma and Grandpa came, and we all went to dinner afterward at the Onion. Patrick was really shy around them the whole night, and then as soon as we left to go home he started crying and all of a sudden wanted to talk to my dad, so we called him and Patrick talked to him for a few minutes and then he felt better :)
Right now I'm at home with Chase, who is on the floor squealing and talking about something, and also trying to do his weekly poop (TMI you say?...He's a baby, you can talk about anything gross and it's still cute!) He's getting so good at rolling all over the place. He can roll from tummy to back, but his favorite right now is rolling from back to tummy. He does it in his crib, and even sleeps on his tummy now, which freaks Mommy out, but I'm getting used to it. He is also reaching for things, like objects, and faces, and my hair. He's also taking an interest in the cat and tries to touch him when he walks by. The cat wants nothing to do with him, since he stole all of my attention. Most of the time Gherkie would love nothing more than to ignore Chase and occasionally try to step on him when I'm holding him so that he can lay in my lap, but I'm teaching him that he has to sit still and let the baby touch him, and he can't paw at him and he has to like it! Chase loves reading and wrestling with Daddy, and rocking and singing and tickling with Mommy. I can't believe he's almost six months old.
That's all for now, Chase requires my attention, if you know what I mean!
I love all of the cute things that the boys do. Yes, you can talk about anything that you want to and it is cute when it is about a baby. That is really cute that Patrick talked to Dad on the phone. I bet B will love to make Chase laugh this summer! They are going to love playing together.
ReplyDelete