On Saturday, I left Chase with Nana and Papa and went into town to pick up Patrick from his mom's house. We came back out, and the next day Mom and I took the boys up to see Great Grandma Bessie. Grandma loves seeing the boys so much, so we try to go up there when we can so they can spend time with her.
Grandma got a new cat, who she named Miss Priss. The boys really liked playing with her, or at least attempting to, but the cat kept on hiding. Patrick lost interest after a few minutes and started to play with some toys, but Chase was very persistent...


Patrick really liked sitting with Great Grandma. She kept trying to feed him treats, which might have had something to do with it. He told me that he wanted to stay with her while we went back to Nana and Papa's house.

As anyone who has ever tried to take a picture with multiple children in it knows, it can be quite difficult to get a picture where everyone looks good. I don't know what was going on in this first picture, because Patrick looks really grumpy, while Chase is pointing at the cat:

Nana worked hard on getting Patrick to smile:

...but now Chase looks grumpy!

While Patrick was smiling away, Chase practiced expressing emotions with his face, which he's actually been experimenting with a lot lately:

Right in the middle of playing/chasing the cat, Chase came over and gave me the biggest hug. That's my favorite stuff in the world!

Grandma Great fed the boys homemade macaroni and cheese for lunch, which Patrick loved especially. By the time we were done playing, the boys were ready to go back to Nana's house for a nap (a fact which Patrick vehemently denied, until we got back to Nana and Papa's and he fell right asleep!) I hope the boys get lots of chances to see Grandma Great this summer. We love you Grandma!
Chasey looks almost as big as Patrick! I also love the fact that Grandma isn't looking at the camera in any of the pictures either. Not only are you dealing with multiple children but a grandma too!
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting these. I love the pics of grandma with the boys. I hadn't seen the cat yet. She's pretty big.
ReplyDelete