Yeah, so I pretty much posted those in reverse order. Oh well :)
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Discovery Playground
Earlier this summer, I took the boys and their friend Heidi (and Heidi's mommy Jenny) to Discovery Playground. It's really fun, and has lots of different sensory-exploration type of things for the kids to do. They had a sand/mud area, splash pad, slides, rocks to climb, musical instruments, a trampoline, and lots more. It was really hot and the boys had tons of fun in the splash pad. Heidi loved the mud area and we had a hard time getting her out of there so she could try other things. We brought a picnic lunch and ate after playing, and the boys were home in time for nap! When I am home with them all day, my strategy is to take them really fun places in the morning and tire them out so that they'll come home and take a good nap in the afternoon :) It works like a charm!! For the sake of trying to post quickly I didn't put the pictures in any particular order, so sorry if it seems a bit disjointed!! I really like Discovery playground and I'm glad that Spokane has great things like this for kids to do, and it's free, so that's even better. I can't wait for next time so that Nick can come with us!
Heidi and Patrick eating their lunch.
Mommy and Chase having lunch too after a long morning of playing!
Patrick climbed up the rock wall on the other side of this slide *almost* all by himself!
This trampoline was built into the ground, and everyone really liked jumping on it!
I think Patrick would like Heidi to be his girlfriend. Whenever we get together he spends large amounts of time walking around holding her hand.
Chasey bear.
This was Heidi after Round 1 in the mud.
This was right when we got there. The boys changed into their water clothes and off they went!!
Getting a drink after cooling off in the splash pad. I love this picture!
Yeah, so I pretty much posted those in reverse order. Oh well :)
Yeah, so I pretty much posted those in reverse order. Oh well :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why have you never taken me there?!? That looks like so much fun! I love Chasey Bear! I have the same strategy in the mornings. It is hard in such a small town to find things to do with B so lots of times we just play with friends. Luckily for me that works too!
ReplyDeleteI just found out about it this summer. A client's mom told me about it. I love it, it's so cool! Next time you are here in the summer we will go for sure!
ReplyDelete