
I was very lucky one day this summer to get my dad all to myself for the whole day! Usually when we hang out we get a couple of hours to do this or that, unless we go out to their house. But on this day he was picking my mom up from the airport at 9pm, so we met up in the morning and went to my work's company picnic in the morning (I forgot the camera, so I don't have pictures) and then came home for naps, then went to the fair that evening! It was such a fun day, and the boys love hanging out with their Papa!




Getting ready for fair fun!

Chase was too short for the rides this year, but there were one or two that they would let him on. Usually I think it was just because those particular ride operators were "cool" and would let the little kids ride. Chase loved this merry-go-round because there were all different kinds of animals you could ride on. He really wanted to ride the deer, but alas, it was taken. So he rode the cat. He still talks about it to this day.

Patrick went straight for the dragon!! I think he takes after his father :)

The boys both loved this choo-choo. Whenever Chase would ride in it he would always hold hands with whatever random kid was sitting next to him.

Patrick was very independent and didn't want to sit in the front of the train with Chase. He wanted to sit in the back all by himself!! We also looked at all the animals while we were there, and the boys had corn dogs for dinner! That was the first of three times we went to the fair this year. The boys really liked it. After we got done Patrick went over to his mom's house for the night, and Papa hung out for just a little bit more before picking up Nana from the airport.

Tickle time with Papa and Chase.

I hope I get to have more days like this where I get to hang out with my dad. The boys have so much fun with him, and they talk about this day a lot. I know it was special to them, and it was really special to me too!!
I am so jealous! I want a day with dad all to myself! I know he had a blast too. He told me all about it and said how much fun it was.
ReplyDelete